I had an awesome 25th birthday party with 205 pics to prove it. But since that glorious evening, i’ve noticed that time is moving uber-fast…I have some things I need to work on to offically call myself a “grown up”& when better to start than with the new year?!
I officially decided to get on my grind in 2009 (!) I will be all about stepping up my game.
Knowing better simply isn’t enough, I have to do better.
In ’09 these are the TOP 5 things i’ll be working on to be a better Kim Frye:
1. financial planning. wow, life has been fun but its time to get real. budgeting, saving, all those recession-friendly words really have been tossed around so much lately that its hard for me to ignore them. if i want to own a home & do other grown-up things, i need to have grown-up savings.
2. healthy living. its a term an old friend created that i have adopted. i have to be more judicious with what I eat & drink…and although prayer is awesome, its not going to whip my body into perfection…so I have to head to the gym a few times a week (someone please come with me!) too.
3. 2000(new). I brought in the new year @ Lucky Devil strip club in Portland, OR with the clear intention of doing something new for 2009. I think there’s some fun to be had out there with funky creative people & i’m pretty sure i’ll find them in the Lower East Side & Brooklyn (let’s go get ’em TG).
4. HOME-EC. circa 1995. I haven’t been offered a home economics course since the 6th grade when I learned to cook biscuits and sew a small tote bag together. I went to 2 private womens educational institutions for 7 years (don’t figure out the math, no grades skipped, I went to public school frosh year @ CHS) and wasn’t offered a single course in some of the most important skills a woman should have. I’m taking matters into my own hands this year. I will be taking a cooking class & a sewing class in 2009….and a strip tease class (have to be well-rounded).
5. read more often. I want to push myself to know more about more topics. I subscribed to NY Magazine because its my fave…so i’ll be up to speed every week. I’m also going to crack open a few books. There’s been a lull since the old book club broke up, but i’m getting back on the wagon solo.
hm (honorable mentions): keeping up this blog.
So there it is. Hope you guys still do the whole witty Top 5 response thing in the “comment” section.